Jalapeno beef is one of my go to orders at any Chinese American restaurant! Packed with meaty goodness and a nice hard kick of heat, pairs perfectly well with some fresh steamed white rice. Try it out!
1 lb beef
1 tbsp ginger minced
1 1/2 tbsp garlic minced
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1/2 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp black pepper
Salt to taste
Oil for stir frying
Green onions for garnish
1. Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise and take out all the seeds. Then cut each piece in half to make square like shapes.
2. Mince your ginger and garlic.
3. Cut up green onions to garnish with later. Cut diagonally for a better look.
4. Slice beef into very thin slices. Freeze a little before hand to make it easier, and try to use a sharp knife.
5. Put a heavy pan on high heat, and add in some oil when it’s hot.
6. Add in your ginger, cook for a minute. Then add in your garlic and cook until light brown.
7. Add in your beef, keeping enough space between the pieces so that it doesn’t crowd the pan and give out too much water.
8. Once all the pieces are nicely browned, add in all your sauces and seasonings.
9. Add in the jalapenos, and cook until just softened a little, should not be too soft or mushy.
10. Adjust salt if needed. Plate, and garnish with green onions.
You can watch exactly how I made this on my youtube channel!