Sweet and Spicy Sticky Chicken Wings
Who doesn't love some sticky chicken wings! These wings are sweet, spicy, and sticky, while still crunchy because of the double frying. Make a batch for a party, or just to devour in front of the TV by yourself. You won't regret it!
INGREDIENTS 2 lbs Chicken Wings
Marinade: 1 tsp Red Chili Powder 1/2 tsp Onion Paste/Powder 1 tsp Garlic Paste/Powder 1 tsp ginger Paste/Powder 1 tsp Black Pepper 2 tsp Rice Wine Vinegar Salt to taste Glaze: 1/2 cup Soy Sauce 1 tbsp Oyster Sauce 1/2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce 1/2 tbsp Sesame Oil 1/2 tbsp Fish Sauce 1 - 1 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar (to taste) 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Coating: 1/3 cup Corn Starch 1/3 cup Flour 1/2 tsp Salt 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1. Wash the chicken wings, then pat dry with a paper towel.
2. Add in all the Marinade ingredients, mixing in well. Refrigerate for an hour or overnight.
3. Mix all of the coating ingredients in a bowl, and gently coat each wing in the mixture and set aside.
4. Put a pan on medium heat and heat up the frying oil. Cook wings until almost done, about 7 minutes, then take them out and rest until room temperature. They should not have much color at this point.
5. Put the pan on high heat now, then fry the wings once again for only a couple of mins (about 2 mins) until golden brown in color. Then drain on a paper towel.
6. Mix all your glaze ingredients together in a pan and cook for a minute or two until a slightly thicker sticky sauce forms. Add in your wings and shake/stir to coat all the wings evenly in the sauce.
7. Take off the heat, and sprinkle with some sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
You can also watch my YouTube video to see exactly how I made these beauties!